Thursday, June 21, 2007

Jewelry: Tonight's Burning Question



Posted by Picasa


Tonight's burning question is: why is your favorite piece of jewelry your favorite?
As I was poking around my Kirengeshoma (Hah! Got something personal about me in before the end of the first paragraph. Don't you just hate hearing about personal stuff that has nothing to do with you? Now you have to go and look up "kirengeshoma". Hah again!) I was thinking about an important question all jewelry designers ask: what makes a piece of jewelry your favorite? You get 30 seconds to think before I tell you about my personal favorite, and more importantly, WHY?
This is my favorite necklace: kumihimo, of course, done with traditional Japanese silk, and some large holed turquoise-look beads.
But the hardest thing is to figure out why it's my favorite. Well, first, it has some of my favorite colors: blue, black, green, and gold. Blue and gold is a killer combination. Next: it's perfect to wear with a black turtleneck. Black is the perfect color to show off any piece of jewelry (remember all those black velvet boxes with diamonds in the at the jeweler's store?).
Finally, and perhaps most importantly, it suits my face shape (rather broad and...fat). The length draws your attention away from my face and directs it toward this gorgeous necklace, thereby creating a more beautiful me. What more could you ask for?
In a nutshell, jewelry designers ask this question every time they create jewelry for potential customers. Find the answer and they have a guaranteed sale.

Oh, something you will never hear: "Be honest, do these diamonds make me look fat?"

1 comment:

Trish Goodfield said...

I loved that necklace. If you're intersted There is a kumihimo webring. although i'm not sure if 2 sites makes a ring? I thought it might be a good weay to promote Kumihimo. anyway if yoy are intersetd you can go to my blog and follow the insructions.
trishalandesigns.blogspot.com.
Keep those photos coming,I'm inspired.

Trish